Look at the national weather radar and forecast, and you’ll see a lot of green. Spring showers = wet floors. Take 300 Seconds to prepare for your next rainy day. Here are some things to think about:
- Mops, rugs or towels. Keep them near your front door to clean up puddles or offer customers an opportunity to wipe their feet.
- Umbrella storage. You could offer plastic bags to prevent dripping all over the store, or perhaps hooks or a coat rack in the foyer.
- Extra umbrellas. Check your “Found Items” box. Are there any spare umbrellas you can offer to customers caught in a downpour?
- Do you sell umbrellas? Make sure they are visible to customers.
- “Caution: Wet Floor” sign. (This is the same sign used during floor cleanings.) Even though you try to keep up with the puddles brought in by wet feet, prop up this sign during rainy weather… just in case you missed a spot.