We’re going to continue throughout the week with 300 Second exercises to look at your store through the customer’s eyes. Yesterday, we looked around the bookstore at eye-level, but today I want you to look up.
- Are there any cobwebs that have appeared overnight?
- Are there any expired lightbulbs?
- Do you have hanging mechanisms dangling about with no signs or banners attached?
- Is the sign for cookbooks still hanging in the same spot, even though you moved the section a while ago?
- Are there potential areas for display that have been overlooked?
I know you’ve heard the expression, “perception is reality.” While we can’t force customers to think of us in a positive manner, we can try to eliminate potential negatives.