Memorial Day Plans?
Memorial Day is early this year, so it’s a good idea to begin sharing your Memorial Day hours. Especially if you plan to be open over the holiday weekend.
Here’s a simple checklist of locations you should place your announcement. Each should take no more than 300 Seconds to accomplish.
- Front door. A simple sign stating special hours or closing for Memorial Day works fine.
- Answering machine. It’s not too early to let people know ahead of time. In your message, encourage them to pick up some extra reading materials for the weekend. Remind them that you’re always open on the web.
- On your website. This can either be a “banner” announcement or a listing on your event calendar. Or both.
- In your email newsletter.
- At the bottom of your receipts.
- On Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You remember that sign you created for the front door? Snap a photo and use it socially. In fact, change your cover image to include store hours for the weekend, so it’s the first thing they see while visiting your page.
- As you’re checking out customers. “Do you have enough to read for the long weekend?”
- And if your staff has individual email accounts, don’t forget to place a statement in the message footer or in the auto reply message.
Keep a list of the places you note holiday hours, and then on Tuesday use that list to revert to your original messages.