If you’re heading to Winter Institute in Asheville this weekend, tuck these 300 Seconds tips in the back of your mind. Even though you’re away from the store, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to garner great content to send back home… and each will take less than 5 minutes.
- Use your smart phone to take photos! Share photos of you with your favorite author. Even though you’re the one in the photo, customers will feel represented through their bookstore.
- If you can’t pose for a photo, try to photo-bomb one. Your fans and followers will love your moxy.
- Did you see a stack of a much-anticipated novel in the galley room? Share an “oh my gosh, it’s coming!” photo of it with your followers.
- Listen at those keynotes for words of wisdom (or humor) you want to share. Look up the Twitter handles of the speakers before the session begins, and then if you tweet a quote, you’ll have them ready.
- If you’re worried that you can’t live tweet fast enough, you can probably record a session on your smart phone to quote from later. My iPhone has an app called Voice Memos, or there are several free apps available to download.
Have fun, and remember to share the love!