If you have just 5 minutes to devote to marketing today, reach out to three friends and ask them to help with some market research.
- Ask the first friend to call the bookstore for specifics about an upcoming event.
- Ask the second friend to call in search of an obscure title.
- Ask the third friend to call with a complaint about a product or service.
Ask each friend to report back on the following:
- How many times did the phone ring?
- Did the employee have a pleasant demeanor?
- Were they helpful?
- Did they respond to your questions in a knowledgeable manner?
- Did they empathize with you?
- Did they have the authority to solve your problem, quickly and to your satisfaction?
Use the results from this research to determine if you have trained and nurtured your employees and what skills you need to provide that will aid them in serving your customers.