Since Tuesdays are the big release day, I like to reserve Wednesdays for calling book clubs about the newly released paperbacks. Several caught my eye yesterday, especially the great new cover of Some Girls, Some Hats and Hitler. Do you have a book club in mind that would love one of these titles? Give the leader a call or send a quick e-mail. They’ll appreciate the gesture.
- Some Girls, Some Hats and Hitler: A True Love Story Rediscovered by Trudi Kanter (Scribner, $16.00, ISBN-13: 9781476700281)
- The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner (Scribner, $17.00, ISBN-13: 9781439142011)
- Benediction by Kent Haruf (Vintage, $15.00, ISBN-13: 9780307950420)
- The Enchanted Wanderer: And Other Stories by Nikolai Leskov, Richard Pevear, Larissa Volokhonsky (Vintage, $16.95, ISBN-13: 9780307388872)
- Ways of Going Home by Alejandro Zambra, Megan McDowell (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, $14.00, ISBN-13: 9780374534356)
- Red Moon by Benjamin Percy (Grand Central, $16.00, ISBN-13: 9781455501656)
- Vampires in the Lemon Grove: And Other Stories by Karen Russell (Vintage, $14.95, ISBN-13: 9780307947475)