Tuesday's crop of new titles included quite a few great paperbacks for Bookclub Wednesday. Earlier this week we talked about targeted newsletters. A bookclub newsletter sent on Wednesday is a great example of that concept.
Here are some books that would fuel discussion:
- The Vanishing by Wendy Webb. Her latest supernatural novel following The Fate of Mercy Alban.
- The First True Lie by Marina Mander. A paperback original for fans of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and The Solitude of Prime Numbers. A young boy who has a deep fear of being an orphan pretends his mom is still alive.
- A Wilderness of Error: The Trials of Jeffrey MacDonald by Errol Morris. Good for true crime or non-fiction bookclubs.
- The Master Quilter by Jennifer Chiaverini. Great for quilt guild bookclubs.
- Kind of Kin by Rilla Askew. Illegal immigration, set in Oklahoma. Good for bookclubs who like Jodi Picoult but with a Bible-Belt, working-class feel to it.
- A Well-Tempered Heart by Jan-Philipp Sendker. The sequel to The Art of Hearing Heartbeats.