When I launched Books & Whatnot in January 2014, I also launched a monthly display contest. I discontinued it toward the end of that year, but I’m pleased to announce that it’s back for 2018!
The rules are pretty simple:
- Each month, images of displays are judged and one of the photos submitted during that month is declared the winner.
- The bookstore with the best display will receive a $100 Visa or Mastercard card.
- Submit as many entries as you’d like, but each display can only be submitted one time. (If you submit a display in January, you cannot resubmit it in February.)
- Each display is judged as a whole, but you may send as many supporting or close-up images as you’d like.
- If you’re participating in a publisher-sponsored display contest, you should probably wait until that contest has ended before you submit the entry here.
The idea is for bookstores to share and borrow ideas.
To submit a display photo, just take a picture with your smart phone and text it to me at 316-208-3438. Be sure to include your name and the name/location of the bookstore. If you’d rather, attach the display photo to an email.
You have until January 31, 2018, to send in your entries. The winner will be announced on February 1.
It’s been a while, but we still have the display gallery of past displays from other bookstores for your perusing pleasure. Enjoy, and good luck!