Holy non-fiction! Many of the new releases this week fall into this genre. I find this exciting because some of the most interesting social media posts often stem from non-fiction books. Through article links and images, you can help customers attach an item or face from history to a name. You can show, not just tell.
For example, click on the first link in the list below, The Eternal Nazi, and you’ll find book information from Edelweiss, including a link to the original New York Times article on which this book is based. You can share that article with your own customers as another way to handsell.
Or click on the next title in the list, The Ark Before Noah, and you’ll find that the publisher plans to initiate a “Know Your Biblical Myths” social media campaign on Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook. Join in if you’d like to participate in the conversation.
So have fun with this fresh batch of books. Happy handselling.
- The Eternal Nazi: From Mauthausen to Cairo, the Relentless Pursuit of SS Doctor Aribert Heim by Nicholas Kulish and Souad Mekhennet
- The Ark Before Noah: Decoding the Story of the Flood by Irving Finkel
- The Age of Radiance: The Epic Rise and Dramatic Fall of the Atomic Era by Craig Nelson
- Asia’s Cauldron: The South China Sea and the End of a Stable Pacific by Robert D. Kaplan
- How About Never–Is Never Good for You?: My Life in Cartoons by Bob Mankoff
- A Nice Little Place on the North Side: Wrigley Field at One Hundred by George Will
- Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line by Michael Gibney
- Hold Fast to Dreams: A College Guidance Counselor, His Students, and the Vision of a Life Beyond Poverty by Beth Zasloff and Joshua Steckel
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington