The Ultimate Bookworm Scavenger Hunt
The Bookworm in East Aurora, NY, is celebrating their 28th Anniversary, and this week they’ve launched the celebration by inviting customers to join in an in-store scavenger hunt.
“Our customers will be hunting for information that they can find in the store–items they can find here and other things of interest around The Bookworm,” says Jen Reisdorf, store manager. She’s hoping that participants will discover new products or learn something new about the bookstore. “There will be prizes, discounts for those who participate and lots of fun!”
Customers have from August 4-23 to join in the hunt, but it’s designed to be completed in one visit.
Participants receive a coupon for 25% off any 1 item in the store when they turn in their scavenger hunt answer sheet. And for each question they answer correctly, they receive a coupon to enter into a basket raffle for gifts from the store. Additionally, everyone who participates receives a chance at winning the grand prize: a gift certificate for the store.
“I think it will be fun!” Jen says. “Customers can get to know our store a little better. We have a book area and a gift area and sometimes people don’t go out of their niche.”
Here are the questions included on the 2014 Ultimate Bookworm Scavenger Hunt. (I have the answers, too, but nobody likes a show-off.)
- What kind of tall feathers do we sell?
- What year did The Bookworm receive a beautification award from the East Aurora Chamber of Commerce?
- Official Bookworm Bags have how many pockets? (They have Bookworm Bags available for purchase and reuse. Bag holders receive special Bookworm deals.)
- Where is the fire extinguisher in the Gift Room?
- In our collection of Fisher Price reproduction toys, what is the elephant’s name?
- Wooden poker dice cost how much?
- How many plush Bookworms greeted you when you walked in?
- What do we sell that you can put in your bath OR eat?
- “Your husband called and said ______________________.”
- What kind of roses do we sell?
- Totem Spirit Guide Pendants–>Which spirit guide is the ‘Keeper of Secrets, Intelligence, Freedom and Wellness’?
- Finish this True Crime book title: OUTRAGE: The Five Reasons Why _________ Got Away With Murder.
- If you were to buy a lamp that is shaped like a seashell, how much would it cost you?
- Series Romance Harlequin SE –>SE stands for what?
- Aurora Bottling Works bottled Step Up and Cola in how many ounce bottles? (The building they own used to be a local beer and soda bottling company.)
- What is the name of the room we keep the coffee in?
- Behind a stack of books lurks a mysterious figure. Could it be Clive Cussler, James Patterson, maybe Beverly Lewis or Jayne Ann Krentz? Who could it be? Who is it you see?
- Nag Champa… what is it?
- The sun shines on what display in the kids room?
- What are the 7 chakra Centers?
- From a poster hanging in the kids room–> Who is the author of Beauty and the Beast?
- This may be puzzling. Name 1 of the 2 tractor names in the gift room.
- What publishing company tells you to ‘Find Your Place in History’?
- Finish the name of this soap: ___________ Mud
I really like the way this hunt encourages movement to the different rooms around the store and that they’ve included a combination of book and sideline questions. I admire the way they were able to use a few questions to call attention to some of the services they offer as well as celebrate their history in the community. And I like the relatively low-cost of this promotion.
Happy anniversary to The Bookworm. Well done.