To post an animated GIF in an email newsletter or on a website is as simple as copying and pasting. To embed a video is only slightly more difficult.
I like to use EmbedResponsively.com because it formats the embed code so that the video can be viewed on mobile devices like phones and tables as easily as possible.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Find the video and copy the video URL. (In the image below, it’s highlighted in blue beneath the icons for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
2. Go to embedresponsively.com.
3. Choose the source (YouTube, Vimeo, etc) and then paste the video URL:
4. Press the “embed” button.
5. A preview of the video will appear. Check to make sure it’s the correct video, then copy code from below the video.
6. Open the code on the website where you want the video to end up, and paste the code you just copied. (“Find the place where you want the video to be on your site and paste the copied code into your “code editor” (rather than the visual editor or the WYSIWYG editor. This will save headaches later.)