Most book groups (but not all) like to select paperbacks. If your store does not host a group that reads the latest and greatest titles, you might consider starting one. The Steady Running of the Hour by Justin Go was released yesterday. It’s an IndieNext selection for May, and Simon & Schuster has a really nice detailed reading group guide and author Q & A.
Book groups like to connect with authors, so it’s a perceived benefit when you share social media information with them. Justin Go is active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The young writer has lived in Paris, London, New York City, and Berlin.
New paperback releases this week include:
- The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells: A Novel by Andrew Sean Greer
- Shakespeare’s Tremor and Orwell’s Cough: Diagnosing the Medical Groans and Last Gasps of Ten Great Writers by John J. Ross, MD
- The Long Shadow: A Novel by Liza Marklund
- The Perfect Ghost by Linda Barnes
- Visitation Street: A Novel by Ivy Pochoda
- Fools: Stories by Joan Silber