The folks over at Lonely Planet have a relatively painless sweepstakes offer going on for The Travel Book, which is receiving its first update in six years. This is a coffee-table guided-tour of every country on the planet is the largest book that Lonely Planet publishes–450 pages of lavish photos, travel advice and fascinating tales.
Bookstores are invited to participate a simple entry-form-in-a-box sort of contest, but you have to let your rep know by July 30 that you want to participate so they can send you a kit. There are three levels of prizes: 1) a grand prize winner, 2) a bookstore winner, and 3) a bookstore rep winner. Details for the prizes can be found below. And here are the details for the contest:
- no purchase necessary
- 10.3” x 13.4” (size of book) window decal or poster
- shelf talker
- pack of bookmarks
- easy-to-assemble entry box with entry forms
- instructions for running the sweepstake and returning the submitted entry forms
- prepaid pre-addressed envelope for returning the submitted entry forms
- digital set of social assets and example posts
- downloadable printable 8.5 x 11 inch signs
Prize levels include:
- ONE LUCKY GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Lonely Planet will be giving away a grand prize of a $3500 travel voucher from global travel agency STA to one lucky entrant, to help pay for their own travel wherever they’d like to go.
- THE WINNING ENTRANT’S BOOKSTORE – where the entry form originated – will receive a $250 gift card.
- THE WINNING ENTRANT’S BOOKSTORE’S REP – will also receive a $250 gift card.
Here’s the timeline:
- July 30, 2016: Deadline for entry.
- October 18, 2016: Book publishes.
- October 5 – December 1, 2016: Customers complete entry forms in your store.
- December 1, 2016 – January 15, 2017: Send entry forms to Lonely Planet.
- January 17, 2017: Winners announced.
If you would like to participate but do not have a Lonely Planet rep, contact Karen Finlay: email@example.com.