Will your bookstore have special hours for Labor Day this year? It’s not too early to start spreading the word. This is especially true if you plan to be open over the holiday weekend.
Here’s a simple checklist of locations you should place your announcement:
- Front door. A simple sign stating special hours or closing for Labor Day works fine.
- Answering machine. It’s not too early to let people know ahead of time. In your message, encourage them to pick up some extra reading materials for the weekend. Remind them that you’re always open on the web.
- On your website. Be sure to include the special hours in your event listings, too.
- In your email newsletter.
- At the bottom of your receipts.
- On Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You remember that sign you created for the front door? Snap a photo and use it socially. In fact, change your cover image to include store hours for the weekend, so it’s the first thing they see while visiting your page.
- As you’re checking out customers. “Do you have enough to read for the long weekend?”
- And if your staff has individual email accounts, don’t forget to place a statement in the message footer or in the auto reply message.
Keep a list of the places you note holiday hours, and then on Tuesday use that list to revert to your original messages.