Poems for Books at Fireside Books
At Fireside Books in Palmer, Alaska, they’re celebrating National Poetry Month in a unique way. According to the store’s website (goodbooksbadcoffee.com), they’re trading used book vouchers for poems recited into the store microphone.
The fine print states that participants can earn various amounts of used book credit:
- Read a poem into the mic: $3.00
- If the poem is written by you: +$1.00
- If the poem matches the day’s theme (posted in the store) :+$1.00
- If you recite the poem from memory: +$1.00
The very fine print?
- Limit one per customer.
- There must be at least 6 people in the store.
- Sales tax not included.