Quick & Dirty Results: Do you hire seasonal help?
A recent Quick & Dirty Survey asked, “Do you hire seasonal help?”
40% of respondents said they do hire season help. Some of the responses mentioned these points:
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Train in November. Floor-ready by Thanksgiving.
- Hope they stay longer.
- Hire them as vendors for Renaissance Fairs & Sci-Fi Conventions.
- As wrappers. People start applying in summer!
- To help with returns over the summer.
- We do, but then don’t reduce the staff after Christmas.
60% of the respondents said NO, they do not hire seasonal help, mentioning these reasons:
- It takes far too long to train.
- They’re not up to speed for our demanding customers.
- We all just work extra hours.
- It’s all hands on deck.
- Seasonal help is unseasoned.
- Only when former high school employees are back from college, because they’re already trained.