A recent Quick & Dirty Survey asked: Do you embed videos and/or audio on your website? Also, do you share videos and/or audio through social media?
Responses indicated that you’re more likely to share a video on social media than a website.
Social Media: 63% of respondents said YES, and 37% of respondents answered NO
Web: 32% of respondents answered YES, and 68% answered NO
Here are some of the comments that accompanied the responses:
- “We occasionally use videos or audio files in social media. Usually just in conjunction of a particular author or title we want to promote, and usually when our store is hosting said author or title.”
- “Not yet. I don’t have a video making anything and I haven’t figured out how to send the ones I’ve received.”
- “We just had a high school intern create a “movie” of the store and we intend to put it on the website.”
- “We definitely share videos through social media, particularly for YA titles and movies with book tie-ins.”
- “… typically reviews from staff or recommendations from visiting authors, although we will also spontaneously share video of cool things that happen in and around the store.”
- “Not yet, but I want to post a tour of the store.”