A recent Quick & Dirty Survey asked, “Where do you get your industry news? What publications do you read?”
- 100% of respondents listed Shelf Awareness among their list of industry reads.
- 80% listed a version of Publisher’s Weekly among their reads, including PW Daily and PW Children’s Bookshelf.
- 70% listed the ABA’s Bookselling This Week.
- 40% of respondents included Books & Whatnot among their lists.
- 30% listed regional organizations, including SIBA, NEIBA, MIBA, and NECBA listserv.
- 20% said they receive industry news directly from publishers in the form of e-newsletters or from reps and distributors.
- 10% of respondents get their industry news from NPR, New York Times, social media, and magazines, including Smart Retailer, Retailing Insight, and Souvenir Business.