Will your bookstore have special hours for Memorial Day this year? Now is the time to start spreading the word.
Here’s a simple checklist of locations you should place your announcement:
- Front door. A simple sign stating special hours or closing for Memorial Day works fine.
- Answering machine. It’s not too early to let people know ahead of time. In your message, encourage them to pick up some extra reading materials for the weekend. Remind them that you’re always open on the web.
- On your website. Be sure to include the special hours in your event listings, too.
- In your email newsletter.
- At the bottom of your receipts.
- On Facebook and Instagram. (You remember that sign you created for the front door? Save it as a j-peg and use it socially.)
- As you’re checking out customers. “Do you have enough to read for the long weekend?”
- And if your staff has individual email accounts, don’t forget to place a statement in the message footer or in the auto reply message.
And when you return to regular hours next Tuesday, use this list to revert to your original messages. Happy Memorial Day!